Author Topic: Reunion Week-end 2019  (Read 849 times)

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Reunion Week-end 2019
« on: January 23, 2019, 08:12:01 PM »

Reunion week-end 2019. 4th-5th-6th October. Britannia Coventry as usual ! No increase in costs again. Booking forms and details to follow.

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Reunion Week-end 2019
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 08:54:26 PM »

Contract signed with Britannia for the reunion week-end, and we have requested that the coach trip be to the Black Country Museum again. "018 trip, it was rather cold and wet, and several
 members said that they had not seen some of the museum, and suggested we  improved the weather for 2019. I am working on that now..... It is very cold and wet in Leeds right now, but it will be fine in Coventry in October.

Offline Topsey

• Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 10:43:07 AM »
I'm glad you're sorting the weather out for October. ??? ::) Looking forward to another visit ;D

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 09:16:30 PM »
   Have spoken to Stacey re our October reunion, and there is no problem I am aware of. Usual venues at the hotel, (usual prices please note) Saturday coach trip is a repeat of last year's run to
the Black Country Museum..... all free, again!!
   Start sending the hotel your booking forms,   first in gets the best rooms  !! ... maybe.?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 10:12:14 AM by stokerstan »

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 07:49:01 PM »

A couple of reminders about our reunion.

The association has always encouraged members to bring guests along to our do, be they family or friends.
 Britannia does not charge us any single room supplements.  We will of course be holding our AGM on Sunday forenoon, and any good ideas about the future of the association will be welcomed at that time. The Mini-meet at Fleetwood, has been spoken of as very successful, and it seems that a return there would be well attended, as indeed was Lowestoft.
 I would like to hear anything ideas concerning mini-meets, when and where, and hope that this may well be discussed at Coventry.

Full details on Coventry will be out in plenty of time, but anyone who has lost/or not received an application form, contact me or Topsey. Hope for a good turn out.

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 04:26:43 PM »

For the television buffs..... The Telly program "Peaky Blinders" is now being filmed in the Black Country Museum !! I think that a couple of our members (those with the weird haircuts and
    Violent dispositions) could maybe get bit parts ??? Whatever, it will be interesting to see if we can spot the locations when the program is aired. 8) 8)

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 02:24:03 PM »

Reunion date is getting close. If you have not booked in yet, please get to it.
   It will have been noted that we are as usual holding our AGM in the Three Spires on the usual Sunday morning after breakfast. Some members are simply unable to stay for this event, having responsibilities that require them to be elsewhere, I understand this and it must be so. However, the committee does require a mandate from members to continue organizing the
association, and particularly when events may require us to take actions needed to continue to be a success. Non of us are getting any younger, making changes can be a pain, but all things change eventually, and I would very much prefer to see changes made for the better, so we can steam on for more years yet.
   We only actually meet on one occasion in the year, when individuals can submit opinions, if for whatever reason you cannot get to Coventry, by all means drop us a line in whatever style you prefer.     The Vic Association I think has been a good association to date, I think we can keep it on the right track with a bit of input from a few more people.

Stoker Stan...... Still shoveling  ;)

Offline Dave

• Admiral
  • Long live the Tot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 02:23:43 PM »
Thanks to all

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 07:37:02 PM »

Dave and James have as usual posted some great pictures on our web Gallery, a permanent record of our reunions. Thanks again to you both.

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 07:43:21 PM »
  A  snap shot from the Black Country Museum. I thought I should put this up as so many members went out of the cinema saying " I Saw this when it first came out"... Charlie Chaplin in "The Little Tramp";D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 07:48:23 PM by stokerstan »