Author Topic: Mouse Lovatt  (Read 307 times)

Offline Tred

• Ship's Cat
    • View Profile
Mouse Lovatt
« on: March 24, 2019, 09:11:20 AM »
For those who knew him -  Mouse Lovatt (RP of 38 mess second commission) passed away last Wednesday 13 March.
The world has never seen a better buoy jumper.
R I P Mouse.
Cheers
Tred

Offline Dave

• Admiral
  • Long live the Tot
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse Lovatt
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 04:19:29 PM »
Mouse    R.I.P.

Will miss my Visit`s

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 10:45:22 PM »

Very sorry to hear about Mouse Lovett, Tred,
                                  Whilst I never knew him, we must have crossed many times in the for'ard dining hall or probably stood in line in the canteen flat waiting for the canteen to open.

I think Tred, that we are really the last of Nelsons Navy, Rum and fags, and a discipline system that seems to have been quietly put to bed. No ladies on our mess decks,just Uckers and Cribb.
                    Take Good Care shipmate, 1962 was a good year.

Offline Tred

• Ship's Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 01:48:16 PM »
Stan
You have a nice way with words.
When I joined I was issued with a black cap and a white one and when I left the married quarter in Portland the taxi driver enquired what my next draft was. When I replied “Civie Street” he said “Bioody He’ll! You’ll have to look after yourself”.How right he was!
I don’t think there would be much room for a lower deck lawyer ( MAA Tinn’s description) like me in today’s Navy.

Offline Topsey

• Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 04:20:35 PM »
For those who knew him -  Mouse Lovatt (RP of 38 mess second commission) passed away last Wednesday 13 March.
The world has never seen a better buoy jumper.
R I P Mouse.
Cheers
Tred
Tred, Mouse will be remembered on 23rd April at the national Memorial Arboretum Alrewas at 1330 by the Vic Memorial Tree, Join us if you can