Author Topic: A postcard from Fleetwood.  (Read 187 times)

Offline James Hutton

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Hutton Web Design
A postcard from Fleetwood.
« on: May 22, 2019, 09:31:28 AM »
Once again, many thanks for the invite to the mini reunion. I suppose it's high time that I started earning the rum that I managed to sup that evening!

Crash has supplied me with the photos from the reunion and I am trying to put them onto the site. Sadly the software used for the gallery is now over 15 years old, which in computer terms is rather ancient. With ongoing security updates it's probably reaching the end of its life.

I have decided to investigate another Photo Gallery and will aim to migrate all the photographs over the next few weeks. I don't want to lose the Victorious Archive - it is one of a kind and needs to be preserved.

In the meantime I will upload Crash's pictures elsewhere and link to them so that everyone can see them.

And to answer Stan's questions.

No, it won't cost anything.

Yes, I have tried hitting it with a big hammer and swearing at it.

James

Offline James Hutton

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Hutton Web Design
Re: A postcard from Fleetwood.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 11:39:14 AM »
OK, the new gallery is up and although sparse I'm adding content as quickly as I can. As soon as everything is copied across I will delete the old gallery and change the links to point to the new one. It will take a fair bit of time as I don't have all the original CDs of images so each image will need to be downloaded and re uploaded into it's new directory.

The link to the new gallery is http://www.hmsvictoriousassociation.com/piwigo/
Hopefully it will all go swimmingly. Fingers crossed.

Over a thousand photos transferred - sadly, they were the easy ones!

James.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 06:11:49 PM by James Hutton »

Offline James Hutton

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Hutton Web Design
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 11:56:42 AM »
Photographs and captions are being added as we speak, currently about 1300 pictures. Captions are taking quite a while as there is no way to automate any of the process so everything is being done on an individual basis.

There are some pictures that I'm not sure where they should go so I will add an "odds and sods" folder. Please comment on these so I can place them in the correct folders.

Thanks for the patience.

James

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 09:11:24 PM »

Thanks James, will try to place the pictures, I know a couple, will get in touch,