Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 314 times)

Offline Dave

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Long live the Tot
    • View Profile
Coronavirus
« on: April 02, 2020, 06:29:48 PM »
Just be careful because people are going crazy from being in lock down!
Actually I've just been talking about this with the microwave and toaster while drinking coffee and all of us agreed that things are getting bad.
I didn't mention anything to the washing machine as she puts a different spin on everything, and certainly not to the fridge as he is acting cold and distant.
In the end though, the iron calmed me down as she said everything will be fine, no situation is too pressing. The hoover was very unsympathetic... told me to just suck it up, but the fan was more optimistic and hoped it would all soon blow over!
The toilet looked a bit flushed when I asked its opinion, and didn’t say anything but the door knob told me to get a grip.
The front door said I was unhinged and so the curtains told me to ...
Yes, you guessed it ... pull myself together

Offline Dave

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Long live the Tot
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 08:57:30 AM »
Stay Safe

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 05:16:52 PM »

Yes the bug has put the mockers on all manner of  things, but hey worse things happen at sea?? ok better things happen at sea as well, but let's put a brave face on things for now.

You can do pretty much what you want at home,without getting into too much trouble and having your tot stopped,(well some of you can), lots of emails are being dug up, and circulated, and some people are quite pleased to get them. I have seen it likened to the war, but whilst my memory of that period is not clear, I do know that my two elder sisters used to pinch my sweety coupons...
 I stayed very thin in those days, my sister did not. I have made up for it since.
    As the good book says,"All things pass" and be assured that the Reunion will be upon us,and it will be a good do! I shall remind the chef at the hotel that we must have Jam Rolly Poly on the Gala dinner menu as promised,that the lifeboat people owe us a visit to their boat,and the weather is to be good.

Take Care out there, and Keep well, and keep smiling.   Stan M. XXXX 8) 8)

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 11:06:35 PM »

Most members will be unaware that three days ago this web site went into lock down !! do not know where it squatted but it was not at home.

With James's help, the site has been restored, I am advised that the problem was HIATUS (look it up), and that the site has made a full recovery.

All that we need now is for members to put something on.  :P :P

Offline Topsey

• Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 05:33:52 PM »
I think your conversations are just to get you out of domestic duties, I would recomend that the Kilick of your mess puts you on extra duties

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 07:57:14 PM »

Not true.  My wife tells me that I have no domestic issues, and won't have any as long as she has none. So-there >:( >:( >:(.