Author Topic: I'm New  (Read 6225 times)

Offline navalbroadsides

• Ship's Cat
  • Naval Artist
    • View Profile
    • www.navalbroadsides.co.uk
I'm New
« on: January 19, 2011, 10:38:19 AM »
Hello

I'm new to the site.  I wrote the Anatomy of the Ship book published in 1990 about Victorious.  I now produce the occasional ship cutaway for the Navy News .  I also have a website www.navalbroadsides.co.uk which offers signed prints of my recent painting.  VICTORIOUS is featured incase of interest I attach a sample from the painting.

With regards

Ross

Offline Dave

• Admiral
  • Long live the Tot
    • View Profile
Re: I'm New
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 12:01:02 PM »
Ross welcome to the site  :)

Offline BIG JOHN

• Ship's Cat
    • View Profile
    • HMS EAGLE ASSOCIATION
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 07:25:06 PM »
Hi shipmates,I'm John Bryant, D/079*** I was in the Andrew from 64 to 72 I was a A/B FC2 on release. I served in THE BIG E 64/66 ... HMS UNDAUNTED 67/70 (Captain D F2) ... HMS YARMOUTH 71/72. I look after two websites for http://www.hms-eagle.co.uk  and  http://www.hms-undaunted.co.uk  I also organise our annual reunions, 5th for Undaunted in 2011 and the 4th for the BIG E. I live in Bristol and am a Night Trunk Driver (Mon-Fri) In training in HMS RALEIGH I was in 102 class in part one (anson division) and 902 class (jellicoe division) our Instructor was PO HAMPSON. He is most probably the other side of the bar now ... waiting for us to buy the "wets" lol. Have a look at our websites and leave a message in the guestbook.

yours aye.

B.J.(BIG JOHN) ;D

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 08:22:11 PM »

Thanks Big John, have recently been on your site looking for an ex Undaunted A/B.
I might have left a message, (I tried anyway, but am a bit ham fisted), anyway there is a lady trying to find her brother,chap named Ian George Foulkes. think he was on Udaunted early 70's. The lady lives in South Africa, but her father was on Victorious during the war, the lady has sent me her fathers photo album with some excellent shots of Victorious and Ark Royal during that period.
     Remember your old ships well, good luck with your web sites, can be tough going at times.
   Contact me any time on  stanley675@btinternet.com     

Stan   Chair of Vic Association.