Author Topic: The photos of Albert Edward Foulkes WW" 1939-45  (Read 3040 times)

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
The photos of Albert Edward Foulkes WW" 1939-45
« on: April 11, 2011, 08:59:04 PM »
The photograph album compiled by George Foulkes, DJX/206792, Seaman on Victorious during the war, has been kindly presented to the Victorious Association by his daughter Inestia (Foulkes)Marshall.
    Amongst the collection are some excellent shots of George during his basic training at Ganges,and some rare shots of Victorious flying off Albacores and and Swordfish. A page of small shots are headed
 "Chasing the Bismark", with one of the best shots I have seen of a swordfish in flight. Other photos include the visit of the King, the Vic at Iceland, and heavily iced up at Spitsbergen.
     The Album also contains some very good shots of Ark Royal in the Med ( which may be some of the last pictures of her afloat).

Enclosed with the album is a card that reads....
 " It is only after a fair portion of ones life that one knows what are the things that matter ....
The things that will remain until the end"

The album will be on display for members attending the reunion in October, and at the Arboretum on St Georges day.

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: The photos of Albert Edward Foulkes WW" 1939-45
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 08:45:28 PM »
After a massive effort and a lot of swearing Stoker Stan has now scanned the album onto disc ! It has been forwarded to James Hutton for checking and down loading onto the Gallery.
       Watch that space soon.

Offline James Hutton

• Administrator
  • Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Hutton Web Design
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 07:43:20 PM »
I've got the pictures and will be uploading them all to the gallery over the next few days. I've also got something in the pipeline so that we can all enjoy George's album.

I'd like to thank Stan - he's done a great job with the album, hopefully I can do his hard work some justice.

James

Offline Dave

• Admiral
  • Long live the Tot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 09:06:33 PM »
Well done Stan  :)