Author Topic: Victorious in Japan  (Read 11731 times)

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Victorious in Japan
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 08:26:55 PM »
   True Gary very true ! but to be honest my weakness in the pusser was the Duff !!!
 Jam rolly- poly-spotted dick-I even liked the lumpy custard those "chefs"dished up.
   My wife was a bit disturbed to hear from an ex shipmate of mine that at one time I was known as "two duffs Mclellan" very rude, but unfortunatly very true. ;D
     Oh the memories!

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 10:32:57 PM »
Just noted your last remarks above Gary, well flied rice has never realy tempted me well not too much, my weakness was pussers duffs. I love jam roly poly, spotted dick syrup duff all done with typical pussers lumpy custard.   
      I always seem to have a bit of a problem with my weight, somthing to do with my genes ;D

Offline Gary

• Petty Officer
  • Tiger Balm Gardens Hong Kong 1967
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 09:44:39 AM »
Why are they to tight??? need the next size up mate

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2008, 04:01:02 PM »
Looks like I was fantisizing about puddings!!  :o I've written the same thing twice  >:( whats this about tight clothes!! have you been talking about me to my wife !!!! I'll be back on rabbit food again :'(

Offline dickied

• Ship's Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 03:29:33 PM »
Hi all

Was it my imagination or did we visit Japan 64-65. We berthed in Kobe I believe. Anyone any more detail.

Take care

Dickie

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 04:42:23 PM »
Well you may have gone to Japan 64-65 but I had flown off home by then and got married, Dave the oracle (thats Captain Dave to us ) will no doubt tell you for sure though, but if you want real detail it may cost you rum !!

Offline Dave

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Long live the Tot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 11:46:09 PM »

Will have a look in the good book  :)

Offline Dave

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Long live the Tot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 02:14:42 PM »

dickied   1965  5th April,  the Vic left Pulau Tioman,  arrived Kobe 12th April, left 19th April, 24th April 1965 arrived Hong Kong      Dave

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2008, 07:14:55 PM »
 ??? Just read the latest Japan thread ! Paula Tiomen-Kobe- then Hong kong, I might have volunteered to stay on board if I had known those runs were coming up. Second thoughts though my future mother-in law would probably have flow out and got me, my wedding had been canceled twice, and she was deeply suspicious I suspect.  :-\
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 07:16:43 PM by stokerstan »

Offline john66

• Ship's Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 04:38:03 PM »
Yep Kobe was the one we did 64/65 remember those slot machine places anyone with the ball bearings?
What a bloody row ended up with baskets of the things gave them away to locals who could exchange
them for goodies.Own up who had the full issue Japanese bath for 3000 yen,cold water,hot water,cold
water,hot water with lovely soapy rubdowns in between,err better stop now :-X
And also when we were tying up the local side party using those two way radios like todays cell phones
the like of which I hadn't seen before,amazing.One run ashore put porcelean geisha girl doll in pocket
when Mama San wasn't looking,felt guilty as hell and took it back next night.
getting back to the scran in my case in the loft I have genuine China Fleet Club menu from Hong Kong
bet you think I'm a proper tea leaf don't you but I can dream back now :)
John
Tot's up