HMS Victorious Association Web Community
June 24, 2017, 02:59:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Treasurer - John Haigh

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wilfred Thomas Stevens - Stoker  (Read 1681 times)
Zultbear
Ship's Cat

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2016, 08:27:52 AM »

Hi there

I'm looking for any information on my grandfather Wilfred Thomas Stevens, he was a stoker on the HMS Victorious.

That's pretty much the only information any of the family have to my knowledge.

I'm only in the first steps in trying to find information so if anyone can steer me in the right direction I would be forever in your debt.

Edited to add he came from the Totness (sp? Sorry I am Australian) area.

TIA
Naomi

« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 08:41:07 AM by Zultbear » Logged
Topsey
Boy Sailor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 07:56:18 PM »

Hi there

I'm looking for any information on my grandfather Wilfred Thomas Stevens, he was a stoker on the HMS Victorious.

That's pretty much the only information any of the family have to my knowledge.

I'm only in the first steps in trying to find information so if anyone can steer me in the right direction I would be forever in your debt.

Edited to add he came from the Totness (sp? Sorry I am Australian) area.

TIA
Naomi

Hello Naomi
I'm sorry to say that we don't hold any record of past ships companies. You could try the Veterans Agency but without more information to offer I wouldn't hold out much hope. They hold all service records but you will need to know at least the time he served and an official number. If any of the family have medals, there will be an official number on them (not WW11 medals sorry to say.......so many were issued they were not engraved but Korean or General Service medals [Malaya, Borneo Malay Peninsula etc.] or Long Service medals are ) I know that's not a great deal of help but it's as much as we can offer.
Stuart Turner Secretary

stokerstan
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 11:38:54 PM »

Hi Naomi, can you have a guess at the age of your grandfather ? it may help us narrow down the dates your Grandfather could have served on our ship.

Do you have any pictures of Thomas ? preferably in uniform, that could help.

I was on the ship for four years, as a stoker, but there was a lot of us on board, and the crew changed quite often.

I f you want any general information about the ship, or a picture of her, email me at stanley675@btinternet.com. I can email you some no problem.

Stan (chairman of the Vic Association)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: