HMS Victorious Association Web Community
September 26, 2017, 07:07:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Treasurer - John Haigh

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reunion 2017.  (Read 695 times)
stokerstan
Admiral

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2016, 05:47:04 PM »

Well readers, as you know, the 2016 reunion went off without a hitch. At the AGM when the question was asked what is the venue to be for 2017, all present except Brian Tennick
said "back here", we won't get better for the money. I do except that we have been at this venue for so long now, that if we move some members may never be able to find the new place,
and the Britannia has become sort of home from home every October. Anyway, our favourite Manager person Stacey,has again given us the event with no increase in costs. I think this will be the fifth year without a price hike, free bus trip, no single room supplements, private dining,and happy hour bar all week-end.
 I have just signed the contract for 2107,first week-end in October. I would not have wished us to have missed out.

Please keep an eye out on this site for other things we are hoping to announce after Christmas, and I believe Crash has posted some good pics to the Web Master for adding to our annual collection of reunions on the Gallery.

ps Brian was much taken with Royal Leamington Spa. I am advised that he is investigating the possibilities of the place for a reunion. I am a bit concerned about the idea of slinging hammocks in the Park, but if Brian can still swing into a mick I will go for it. We will see  Grin  
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 10:52:21 PM by stokerstan » Logged
stokerstan
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 08:15:16 PM »

Well here we are almost May, and planning for the next big meet at Coventry. The hotel has had the contract back confirming our arrival in October, and Tamworth RNA have said they would be pleased to have us there on the Saturday. They were a bit unkind to me, they said they like all the Victorious trophies they had taken from us, and were looking forward to more this year, I was a bit lost for words, but will think of something !!!
 I have spoken to Stacey Bosworth, who advises me a number of booking forms have already been received at the hotel, but the receipt for some of them had not gone out yet as Stacey has been off sick for a period,but is now restored to full health and anyone awaiting their receipt will get them very shortly.
     Anyone who has not had a booking form, or has lost it, contact me or Topsey and one will be furnished for you. 

Reunion.. Britannia Hotel Fairfax Street. 6th 7th 8th October. Anyone wishing to have the Thursday (5th)  note it on your application form. The Thursday is a cut price, Dinner Bed and Breakfast.

Take Care more details later. 
stokerstan
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 08:58:24 PM »

I KNOW IT IS EARLY TO BE RAISING THE ISSUE,..... BUT HAS EVERYONE WHO WANTS ONE, HAD A HOTEL BOOKING APPLICATION FORM f FOR THE OCTOBER REUNION Huh?? (hundreds have gone out with News Letter etc).
         LETS GET THEM FILLED IN AND POSTED.

ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL CONTACT ME. I AM ASSURED ALL IS WELL WITH THE HOTEL. 

stokerstan
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 10:49:57 PM »

Hey, we are now in August, have you booked yet ??

Anything for the AGM ? let the Hon Sec have it for his agenda.

Anyone with any contacts at the M.O.D. ..... just let them nknow that we would like an invite to have a look at this new carrier that seems to be in the water now.
 They may need a reminder that we of the the Victorious were the last of the "real" carrier men, with proper aircraft a flat flight deck and lots of steam.

Take Care out there, good men are getting in short supply from what I can tell. See you in Coventry.
stokerstan
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 10:31:24 PM »

Have been rather busy this past month or so, and the time seems to fly past.I have begun the usual twitching about the reunion, has everyone had a hotel booking form etc. Chased up the hotel because as we know whilst the hotel tries to look after us,we almost always have an arm wrestle with the reception when we book in. Anyway I have been assured there will be no problem this year from them, and all is well.
I will be travelling down on the Thursday, and on Friday will set up camp as usual opposite the reception, and ensure tea and coffee will be available for members on arrival. I will put a programme out, although I suspect most of us know it off by heart now, but we do have a number of guests coming this year who may need a bit of direction. No one came up with any real suggestions for changes, so this years programme will be not much different from last year. However, we do have better rum this year, and we will do our best to have some items of interest to spread. I was planning to suggest that we left off the rum, and put on cocoa before bed time, but no one took up the idea !! We almost had a visit planned for a Highland Piper to pipe us into dinner(details of this on request), but the nearest lives in Edinburgh, and did not particularly want to make the drive down. So we have again resorted to pressing Topsey into standby in case a Cadet is not available to get us seated.
   Topsey has mentioned the possible problem of the car park being half dug up, but we will have to see what's what in October. Odd place Coventry, if they are not changing the road layout, they are digging up the car park for some reason. Ah well watch this space any dramatic happenings we will advise.
    Take good Care  See you in Coventry. Kiss Kiss
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:39:09 PM by stokerstan » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: