HMS Victorious Association Web Community
September 26, 2017, 07:09:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Chairman - Stan McLellan
0113 255 5562

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth goes to sea today  (Read 241 times)
Topsey
Boy Sailor

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2017, 11:11:05 AM »

Well our latest carrier puts to sea today. They are looking for a ships company to man it now and by 2022 we may get some planes to fly off if we can recruit a few pilots. ANY VOLUNTEERS?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 11:27:26 AM by Topsey » Logged
Dave
Global Moderator
Admiral

Long live the Tot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 11:26:51 AM »

As above
Topsey
Boy Sailor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 11:29:08 AM »

Thanks Dave.........I couldn't download this but the magic of a phone call to a man who can  Shocked
stokerstan
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 12:14:50 AM »

No more wise cracks about our splendid Navy and the new ship !!! If we are to stand any chance of getting an invite to the Hooly that is bound to happen in Pompey when the beast eventually makes it down to the dockyard (fully worked up). We must strive to inveigle our association into their good books. So if the captain needs any advice or assistance on the right and proper way to operate an aircraft carrier then we must be prepared to go the extra yard and lend a hand. I can imagine how difficult it will be for some of these young chaps when they are expected to sling a hammock for the first time!! or how to get their dobying done when they cannot find a doby bucket, its little things like this that they may turn to us for help. I bet there will be hardly anyone on board who knows how to play uckers or crib,and how could we expect them to get through eighteen months of sea time without an expert on the ship who knows about the "sods opera" songs.? The list is long, and its sort of our duty to help these fine young chaps,who I have heard are "T" to a man, so they may well be in the market for a skilled rum bosun ?
          Well just keep it in mind, I would hate to miss out on all the tea and sticky buns that will be handed out.

Remember Victorious ...likes the modern navy XXXXX
Dave
Global Moderator
Admiral

Long live the Tot

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 08:55:55 AM »

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=4907892

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: