Author Topic: alphy  (Read 3863 times)

alphy
« on: August 03, 2008, 08:04:57 PM »
I'm new here. Hopefully speak to you all soon.

alphy

Offline Dave

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Long live the Tot
    • View Profile
Re: alphy
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 08:35:18 PM »

Alphy   Welcome to the site  Dave

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 11:11:07 PM »
Hi  Alphy glad to hear from you, and welcome !! Hope to hear more from you before too long

Stoker Stan

alphy

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 03:30:11 PM »
I'm new here. Hopefully speak to you all soon.

alphy
Hi  Had an e/mail from Gary. Tried to get in but it kept saying I dont exist?? Any way For U Gary. Joined the Vic Sept 58 first comm. Had lots of teething probs, lost the first scimitar that came on board,arrester wire parted & it went over the side, Pilot Cdr Russell didnt make it,watched him go under & couldn't do anything (gutted) Spent most of my time on the flight deck (chockhead) well somebody has to do it. Did the States run, Jan 60 operating off NE Scotland I had an argument with a scimitar, it won. Went over both my legs, ended up with a crushed r/foot. Flown off to Lossie then down to Lee to be transferred to Haslar. Spent the next ten months there then ended up in the Drafting Office under my good friend Charlie Wines Lt Cdr He was on the Vic at the same time as me. Did a spell there then wangled a married acc to Malta. Spent a couple of years there then they decided to invalid me out 1963.Thats about it on my time on the Vic, hope its of some use to you Yours Aye  Alphy