Author Topic: The New Law..General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)  (Read 351 times)

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
The New Law..General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
« on: April 27, 2018, 04:37:50 PM »
 I know full well that shipmates reading this little blog will already be fully conversant with the above law. However, when I first heard about it, I assumed that it would hardly effect our Association, so simply did as I always do, and forgot about it.
         However, fortunately we have men on our committee, who are far more conscientious than I, and they got stuck in and (we hope) made us legal.I am led to believe that a screed will be soon with you that requires you to fill in boxes that will allow us to continue to communicate with you, without us getting arrested. I hope you send it back to the Hon.Sec. otherwise I am told I cannot continue to send you really interesting emails. I do not want to get too involved in this, as our trusty shipmates seem to have it covered, but I will share a couple of points with you re this subject.
 The Salvation Army has sent me a screed, asking if they can send me their usual request for cash at Christmas Unless I say yes they cannot ask. Now a lady who we refer to as Olga from the Volga, will continue to suggest I may want a Russian Bride,  despite my wife assuring me I do not want said person. It also seems that the poor chap in West Africa who sends me emails, desperately looking for cash to unlock our forgotten bank account, will continue to bombard us with Trash on a regular basis My phone will continue to ring so a gentleman of unknown parentage can assure me that I should ring some number that will cost me an arm and a leg, for no good reason at all.
             I am advised that little or nothing can done to sort these matters but if your Hon.Sec.sends you an unsolicited News Letter,or if you are an unfortunate recipient of
The Flat Top mag, unsolicited !!!!  well, goodness knows what might happen. Save the Sec !!! send him an O.K. to mail, he is too old to go to prison.!! :'( :'( :'(

Offline Topsey

• Petty Officer
    • View Profile
Re: The New Law..General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 10:53:49 AM »
the forms have gone out to everyone on line............it is important to do it please send them back to me. My address is in the Flat Top. my e mail is also in the Flat Top...........just do it please