Author Topic: Flat Top Mag  (Read 417 times)

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Flat Top Mag
« on: July 25, 2018, 08:55:17 PM »

I did put up a rather groveling apology on this site some time ago,but its something else that seems to have disappeared into the ether.
  So Grovel Number two.  I began to construct an edition of Flat Top. My computer which was old, did not seem to be suitable for such a task, and I invested heavily in new kit. The Computer shop, asked me if I wanted an updated system, (one that did more than send out smoke signals) and of course I agreed. It seems I now have Windows ten. I have strived mightily to sort out how to get to first base !! and in the last couple of weeks I have made some progress, bits are starting to unravel !! and I am starting to see the light.

I have the makings of some sort of Flat Top,and will press on to the end.

On another matter, anyone who requires a booking form for Coventry but has not down loaded one, no printer etc email me and one will be posted. If F.T. gets to the publisher soon, it will have application forms enclosed.
      I will do my best.

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Flat Top Mag
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 10:35:43 PM »

Working day and night on this mag.Much of the time this computer does not co operate but I am slowly starting to learn how to get it to work, but its tough !!

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 09:47:50 PM »

FLAT TOP MAG IS BEING PRINTED AS I TYPE.  Will circulate as soon as to hand.

Please note the editor did his best ......... it was the computer that was rubbish. !!!!! :o

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 07:47:48 PM »

Well we got it printed and out eventually. I thought it may get a couple of nominations for the old Pulitzer prize thing, but I have heard nothing from them yet !! there's time !!
 Ok. maybe not, I have heard it said that it rather looks like this edition was done by a stoker ..... hey ! anyway I have burnt out now and am suffering from writers block, so Dough Hotchkiss junior
who I am advised is a skilled editor will don the mantle of FLAT Top editor. He will edit it and send the stuff to me on a memory stick, our usual printer will do the print job.
    Shipmates a heavy weight has been lifted off my tired shoulders, (it was the computer end that got me... I don't know how to use one ).

I will be in contact with our new editor shortly,but have promised him that we will provide the material for him to edit ! Start composing chaps or you may get the rubbish I dished up and it would serve you right !!   Watch this space for instructions on how to get your hot material to me or Ed.   Stoker Stan signing off for now.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 08:18:37 PM by stokerstan »

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 11:11:38 PM »

We have a new Editor for F.T. Things are looking up,will keep you advised ! We do need material to fill the magazine, by all means send it to Stoker Stan or Topsey Turner, for the time being,
   we will ensure it gets to the editor.

More info Later.