Author Topic: Reunion/Mini Meet  (Read 30 times)

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Reunion/Mini Meet
« on: September 09, 2021, 08:44:36 PM »

Just to keep members up to date.
     Following the pretty good reunion do held last month at Fleetwood, it seems reasonable to suggest that we continue to meet periodically for a similar reunion with a good social programme to
keep us smiling. The Fleetwood venue seems to have been well received, Food good, service excellent, and rooms and parking brilliant (when compared to Coventry more than brilliant).
 We have in the past stuck to a set date, October for some reason, and always on a week-end. I have found in discussion with the hotel manager that if we are prepared to be flexible with our
 dates, very good cost savings can be made. The Fleetwood site can provide benefits by way of entertainment in the worst of weather. The large lounges, and an all day bar and snack facility make for a relaxing situation, and combined with the tramcar and bus services immediately outside the door, make the place worthy of considering for a winter meet,(at a good price).
  Fleetwood sea cadet corps are very interested in meeting up with us, and of course the life boat and trawler museum staff are asking for our return. THAT CANNOT BE BAD. To date things are still
too affected by the virus, but provided we can maintain our numbers, I think we can safely say that a pleasant relaxing holiday can be built, without the hassle of airports etc.
   AT THE MOMENT THINKING. Stan.

Offline stokerstan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Reunion/Mini Meet
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 04:30:58 PM »

A Lady was being grilled on a television programme a couple of days a go. The interviewer was as usual bleating the usual "doom" and "gloom" and how we were all going down to bilge.

The lady obviously frustrated with the snivelling. Said.

Oh for goodness sake ! don't wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

Might well be a quote, and I have no idea who the lady was, but I definitely like the sentiments expressed !!